When it comes to online marketing tool, Google AdWords is the king. It allows you to choose when and where to place your advertisements, making it easy to target the audience. As the result of which, you get quality customers in a short period. Below are the few things to keep in mind for running Google AdWords effectively.
1. Do Proper Research
Just before going for any marketing strategy, it is advised to do a thorough research. Same thing applies to Google AdWords campaign.
- Know the purpose of AdWords. Beginners usual take it as a brand awareness tool, which is wrong. AdWords is actually used to increase sales.
- Analyze whether you can recover the money spent and gain profit.
- Pick the right keywords, which have high search volumes. Take your time, it is the most important factor.
2. Making It Effective
With Google AdWords, you need to pay only when someone clicks on your ad. Therefore, keep two things in mind while writing for your ad.
- Your ad should pull relevant traffic.
- It should keep irrelevant traffic away.
3. Add Keywords In Your Copy
Including keywords in your copy is a good practice. Searchers tend to click ads containing keywords which they are searching for. Just adding keywords in your copy is not enough. Make sure your copy sounds good and catch attention.
4. Make Many Versions Of Your Ad Copy
Google allows you to run many versions of your ad copy. It is a good practice to run nearly seven to eight ad copies simultaneously. Based on click through rate, Google will increase or decrease the visibility of a particular version. Delete the versions performing least. Never settle down for one version, keep adding new versions of your copy to beat the current one.
5. Geo-target your ads
Geo targeting ads is the best feature which Google AdWords provides. With Geo targeting, you can show your ads in only those regions where you do business and increase your sales. Showing ads in other than your region is irrelevant and waste of money.
6. Have a Compelling USP
Your campaign revolves around Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Having a strong USP is basic and gives benefits while running a campaign.
- USP increases quality leads.
- It also increases the conversion rate.
- It prevents unwanted leads and saves money.
- Having a powerful USP, distinguishes you from your competitors.
7. Target Time
Find out when your ideal customers are online. Show your ads only when your potential customers are online. This again makes your Google AdWords campaign cost-effective and save money. It is most helpful when you are in a b2b space. You can run your ads during daytime and skip at night.
8. Keep an Eye On Competitors
Try to know what your competitors are doing by keeping an eye on their ads. If your competitors are regularly using a specific ad text, it means it is performing good for them. This is how you know what is working out in the market. Taking reference of that copy, create better versions.