Google Webmaster was later changed to Search Console by Google, and they are used to maintain and monitor your website existence in the Google Search Results.
To rank your site in Google Search Results, it’s not mandatory to sign up for a Search Console but doing so will help you in understanding every update on your website. You will be able to know how Google is looking for your site as well as how it optimize them in the search results in a legitimate way.
Who can make use of Search Console?
Business owners, SEO Specialists, Digital Marketer, Site Administrator, App Developer, Web Developer, etc.
Why use Search Console?
- To check out whether your site is getting accessed on Google Search Results.
- Submit new content for fast and immediate crawling.
- To remove content that you need not show them in the search results.
- To know the visual engagement
- Maintaining your site from every aspect from search performance to significant disruption.
- To resolve any spam issues or malware on your site when found.
What URL should you use on the Website Property?
helps in recording the date only for the https version of your site, in this case, you need to add HTTP and https as two single versions to the search console.
How to Add your website to Google Search Console?
Proceed below to find out the simple steps through which you can add your website to the Search Console.
- You need to have a Google Account to sign up for a Search Console. If you do not have then first create a Gmail Account to proceed further.
- Once after creating a Google account, visit Search Console page and sign into your Google Account.
- Click on the Add a Property (red button) to add your site to the search console.
- You need to type your site URL into the box and then click on the Add button in blue color for further steps.
- You will get a new dialog up, click on the Alternate Methods and select the HTML Tag, copy the code.
- Go to your WordPress website, log in and choose the SEO from the Menu option on the left-hand side of your Dashboard.
- Click on the SEO to expand them for the options, choose general and click on the webmaster tools from the dialog box.
- You will find Google Verification code under Webmaster tools, paste the copied code from the Webmaster tools and click on save changes.
- Click verify on the Search Console once you have made the changes in your SEO part.
Yay! You have added your website to the Google Search Console now.